Monday, March 29, 2010

Reflection

We were told that the gathering time for the whole group is 1pm. However, the time was changed to 1.30pm as most of us are unable to meet with the initial meeting time. At the peak, after seeing most of the ECE students and students from our division leaving, I joined them with, Ling li and Ron. All of us was very exhausted from the trip up the mountain, but in order to reach in time, we continue down with little stop. However, as some of our mates are not feeling well as the journey up and down the Wudang Mountain is not only lengthy, but tough and tiring. We reduced our speed even further as some of us are experiencing cramps. By then, we were already late. The mistake that we make though is not informing our teachers making them worry about our safety and etc. We saw Sihao together with the tour guide as we head for the hotel, informing us to hurry up and get our belonging at the hotel and gather at the bus stop for them while they look for the others. After we have taken our bags, we were unsure where the rest of group is and waited at the hotel. We decided to head to the bus stop to check if the others are waiting there. However, no one was there and thus we ask other for what we suppose to do next. We were told to get to the foot of the mountain by taking the Wudang bus. On the journey down, I look at the time and without realizing, we were already more than half an hour late. On the bus, I was very guilty that for my lateness. I was also feeling very remorseful as we cause the whole of the schedule for the day to be affected. Not only that, all of us was very hungry after the journey and because we were late, it delayed the time that we are having lunch. All of them waiting for the bus must be very angry about our lateness. This is especially so for the bus drivers and the WUST staffs as they still have to work the next day, thus us late means that they have less time to rest. This is definitely going to leave a bad impression on them about us. It make me wonder what will happen if all of them left without us. In Singapore, this may not have a lot impact if we are in Singapore. But in China, it is different. The land of the country is huge and it is almost impossible to for us to return back to Wuhan in time. Given a second chance, I will certainly show more urgency in meeting with the gathering time and secondly to inform the teacher in charge to update them. I will have to keep track of the time in order to meet with the specific time required. Not only that, from this incident, I learnt the importance of time keeping and punctuality. Despite all the reason that we may have, we cannot hide the fact that we cause the whole group to wait for us not for a few minutes but for more than half an hour and I personally feel it is unacceptable. I know the feeling of waiting for others and I definitely will not want others to experience that due to me. I feel that is very selfish of myself and I certainly will not want this kind of things to happen to me ever again. I was even more ashamed and disappointed with myself as during my time with the uniform group in secondary school, we always emphasized on the importance of punctuality and the need to show urgency in the things we do and this incident shows that I did not used those things that I learnt. However, I feel that sometime, we will only truly learn when a mistake is made. I like to apologize to all those people that waited and delayed in the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment