Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 12

Today we had our IS lesson with Miss Grace in the morning. We learned quite a handful of things about Wuhan. We learnt on many things including the geography of Wuhan, the popular tourist attraction and a lot more. The famous tourist hotspots here are the Wudang Mountain, Three gorges, ShenNogJia, Chi Bi赤壁 and Jing Zhou. Due to the hot weather in Wuhan during the summer season, it is also known as one of the three furnaces in China. Another thing that is being mention is the unpredictability of the weather here, which I did get to experience it myself. The weather may be very hot for a moment and turn freezing cold the next. The lecturer also told us a interesting thing. She mentions that the local people are like a nine headed bird which means is very cunning. It comes from the phrase 天上九头鸟,地上湖北佬.

My Reflection

Never did I actually know that Wuhan is such an interesting place with rich culture and a long history background before immerging to be a modern city today. I realized that Wuhan had provided me more than what I expected regarding its civilization and urbanity in that country. I did not really encounter much cultural shock while I was in Wuhan as I was exposed to several Chinese immigrants in Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment