Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 14

We send a pail of our dirty clothes for washing and drying at a laundry shop before the lesson which cost us 11.50 RMB. Have our lesson as usual and Miss Neo covers on chapter four, cost crashing. After that, we had our practical quiz. The quiz is to ensure that we know what to do as we are going to have a practical test in the future. I was quite nervous for quiz even though we were told that the quiz only tests us on the basic. I finished the quiz at about 12.20pm in which we have our break till 1.30pm. As we have our presentation the day after, Miss Neo releases us early to discuss on the project.


My Reflection


I witnessed an extremely disturbing scene this afternoon along the street of Duo Luo Jie. There is a little boy squatting in the middle of the street and defecation. In addition, the street is crowded with pedestrians and anybody walking along the road were able to see his long and smelly feces. Therefore, I like to conclude that it is not a matter with age, as long as the little boy is of good upbringing, he is able to do the wise thing by going to a proper toilet and release his stool instead of doing it in the public, obstructing everybody path. At that point of time when I saw this scene, my eyes were wandering around, try to search for the little boy parents as they must be extremely shameful of this behaviour did by their own child. However, I believe that everybody treat this incident as a norm as I did not see anybody stopping down their footsteps to educate and advise the little boy that this is an indecent action and strongly against of his behaviour. Well, even though both China and Singapore are utterly different countries all together, but I believe that the basic graciousness and dignity of one self still exist. However the positive thing is that the mother of the little boy did clear up the feces with newspapers after that though. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment