Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 19

The IS lesson start at 1pm so as to give us extra time to rest after our three days trip to the three gorges. Our IS lesson for the day is on doing business in china. This lesson teaches us all the dos and don’ts when we want to do business in china. I felt this lesson is very useful especially in future as some of us might need to mingle around with the Chinese when we enter the work force. It definitely increases my knowledge of china deep culture and increase by CQ, things that we learnt during the communication toolkits module. During the lesson, the deputy principal of NgeeAnn Polytechnic came to visit us and have a short dialogue session with all of us as well as taking photos with the respective division.


My Reflection

The chat with the NP deputy principal was very heartwarming as we know that there is actually someone keeping a lookout and watching us at all times. In addition, the homesickness feeling starts to kick in as many of my classmates including myself, started to miss our local Singaporean delicacies such as Chicken Rice, Pig Organ Soup, Nasi Lemak and even a simple bowl of Fishball Noodle. This is because it has been over 20 days since we are here in Wuhan and there are recreational activities that we always did back then in Singapore. There is an instant difference between our cultures. Fortunately, there is always fast food restaurants available such as McDonalds to keep us reminded of the good times we had in Singapore. Hope this homesickness that I am experiencing right now goes off as soon as possible. This is because I will want to enjoy and nurture myself to the fullest in Wuhan with my remaining 20 over days left.

No comments:

Post a Comment