Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 39


It was raining in the morning. However, I still proceed on to my original plan, which is to go to Wal-Mart to buy some snacks or local products back to Singapore for my family and friends. The three of us, Me, Daryl and Ling li took a private bus to shopping mall. Due to the rain, the weather was very cold and not only that our shoes are all wet despite us bringing our umbrella along. It took me great difficulty to know where to alight as private bus does not have the announcement of the stops, furthermore the ascent in which the lady is speaking means I don’t understand anything:P After getting the things that we wanted, we took a cab home as it is raining and Daryl is meeting his group mates for project. I remain in my room for most of the day as I was lazy to go out due to the rain as I don’t want my shoe to be wet again!


A unusual sight for me. A wild boar in Wal-Mart!we will NEVER Singapore!


My Reflection

Today is packing of luggage day for me as we had only remaining two days left in Wuhan and i could not possibly leave everything to the last minute and had to be prepared for many unexpected issues such as sudden requirement of additional locks or securing loose packages with more strings. All in all, I finally got the chance to settle down and spent the entire day to slowly take my own sweet time along with my roommates to pack all our things after living 40 days of untidiness in the same hostel room. We had a hard time deciding items which have to either remain behind in Wuhan or take back with us to Singapore. The decision were of no choice as our luggage only has this amount of limited space within that we can pack with as well as the weight limit of 30kg that was allowed to be checked in. During the past days in Wuhan where we had non-stop shopping spree and fun purchasing items due to cheap conversion rate back to Singapore dollars currency, we ended up having lots of items that were unwanted due to impulse buying and we had to give away such stuffs to local Wuhan students as these items were of low priority. While having all my items final checked and confirmed, I closed my luggage with a dampen feeling of leaving this place after only staying for such a short duration. 40 days ago, when I first opened up the same luggage in the exact position of my hostel room, I was filled with much anticipation and the thought of returning back to Singapore never crossed my mind as the days seems too far to even begin countdown. However, right now after experiencing rain, shine and even snow in Wuhan for the past 40 days, I had an attached feeling towards this place, as well as the hostel room where I am typing my this exact reflection right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment