Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 35


All of us gathered at 9am outside the classroom block. The activity for the day is to visit WUST(Wuhan University of Science and Technology) campus at黄家湖 district. The journey there was long thus all of us slept on the bus. We were greeted and welcomed by the student volunteer there upon our arrival. Firstly all of us take a group photos together before each of us were assigned to a partner through the random drawing of numbers. After which we were brought to a small hall in which they had people to perform for us. In return, we performed the dance that we did during the exchange programme in the first week, however, most of us have forgotten the steps etc as we were not prepared. We were brought around their campus; the first destination is the school library in which their school history museum was located. This campus is much more better than the one we lived in though as it is a newer school with better facilities and are much more bigger than the Qingshan district campus. We were brought to the school canteen to have our lunch and seriously their food taste way better than the one in our campus. We had some games at the school volley ball court before we were brought to the school specimen laboratory, where they have a collection of REAL dead human samples. We reached our campus at around 5plus before we went to Jiang Han Lu for some shopping.

Their library

The person in charge

My partner Jin Huan

My Reflection

I was impressed by the sample of dead human over the laboratory although I am a bit freak out at first. Where else can we see real human muscles, heart, brain and even their sexual organs in Singapore? The people over the laboratory told us that it took a lot of time for them to collect the whole sample that they collected today, and some of the parts are preserved for more than 30years!And yet they are still preserved in such good condition. This is seriously an eye opener for me and I believe this is the only chance I am able to see those real human organs for the rest of my life, which gives me a chance to understand and to see for myself how those organs in my body looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment