Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 31


The schedule time for the group is to reach the Hubei provincial museum is 9.30am. Thus, all of us gathered at 8.30am to board the bus as we have to reach there by that time or else we might not get to enter the museum if we are late. Our main focus is to view all of the four treasures of the museum. However, two out of the four treasures are duplicate. As one of it is out for another exhibition while the tour guide explain to us that the real bone will not be shown to the public. After that, went to dong hu, which is a few minutes driving distance away. Many of us brought food along to have a picnic there. The lake is really deep and huge unlike those that we have in Singapore (Chinese Garden) and it is definitely a beautiful and romantic attraction. Well it is a place where the people there can gather with their friends as well as couples to enjoy the beautiful scenery. The tour guide also told us that the place will be very crowed during the hot summer due as the area around the lake will be much cooler compare to other places.

The museum

The water of the lake~


My Reflection

Today we went to Hubei Provincial Museum in Wuhan to take a look at some of their national treasures in China. Hence from there, I discovered many of those untold secrets stories about China which are not as famous and popular as what the kids normally hear nowadays. These stories were basically happenings from the past and how we, as the future people, can learn from the past experiences and mistakes that they made so as to not repeat them again. I had researched on my own on this museum before the trip as to further understand more about the artifacts displayed within the museum. Through the research, I had actually found out that the museum contains more than 200,000 cultural relics. Mostly the artifacts includes pottery, porcelains, jade and ancient weapons such as bow, swords and armors which are very fascinating to me. Ever since those photos and information that I had found on the Internet regarding this Hubei Provincial Museum, I always looking forward to the day where I could actually have a close up look at all these precious artifacts dated all the way back to 476BC which is really impressive to actually discovered and dug those valuables out for display to public. It was indeed a fruitful trip which I took back lots of knowledge back with me when I stepped out of the museum. If I had the opportunity, I will like to visit this wonderful museum once more someway in my life again as it is indeed meaningful for the us to be looking at things from the past which are preserve in such a good condition till now.



No comments:

Post a Comment