Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 37


Woke up early today as we are having a basketball friendly match with the WUST students. The guys gathered at the basketball court to wait for the students as most of them are still having their lesson. Well, at first I thought it was only a small little friendly but I was wrong. A lot of their classmates came to see them play, they even brought along their WUST flag!! Not only that though, some of their players are big and tall as compare to us. Honestly, I knew that we will definitely lose as China people are much more superior in basketball as they spent their free time playing it. While I do not really lay basketball, but nevertheless, we are not playing for anything except to have a fun and enjoyable game together. Things did not began well for me as I fall painfully on my back. However I was still able to carry on playing. During the match, Sihao sprained his ankle while playing and was brought to the hospital to have a scan to ensure there wasn’t any other damage. I spent the rest of the afternoon resting before we gathered at 5.30pm for our farewell dinner with the china students. The restaurant that we had the dinner is very class, the best that we had in china so far.


My Reflection

Basketball is considered a national sport in China where majority of the Chinese does play basketball either as exercising or leisure purpose. In addition, due to the natural gift by god for the tall build of the Chinese men, basketball is naturally a sport that belongs to them. While I was playing basketball with some of my Singaporean group mates together against with the Wuhan University students, we were defeated to the bottom as they were just too strong in this basketball field. However in China, it is an obvious sight that the people love basketball more than just a sport, may be of entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment